Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a ford focus 2007 key fob wont open or close car I

Customer Question

I have a ford focus 2007 key fob won't open or close car I have changed the actuator and checked the wires under passenger door well and they are intact
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good morning to you

Ok does the central locking operate from the manual key and also when you flick the interior handle button

Is it only the remote fob Central locking that is inoperative

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it does not do anything at all if I do it manually it only close the driver door so i have to close the other by pushing the lock with my hand the booth never closes the gas tank does not open either

Hi there ,thanks

Ok so there is no central locking at all manually or remote
Ok you say you have checked the connections at the fuse box

Can you remove the thin brown and green ones and refit them as sometimes they are just not right home

Try this first and I will look through the diagram

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have taken them out and replace them still nothing I don't have no central locking at all

Hi there ,thanks

ok can you check the following fuses in the passengers footwell fuse box
Fuses - 43,55,72&77 ensure all these fuses are ok

Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't see any fuse box at the foot well

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok found them

Hi there

The fuse box is part of the gem module which you removed the 2 connectors off and refitted them
There is 2 small black half turn clips at either side
Half turn these and the fuse will drop downward

Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks 77 is blow

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

72 is empty

Hi there

Ok refit 77 with a good fuse and retest the system
It should not operate ok

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX and have a nice day

Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it now works

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is the function of the two boxes that is under the grey door panel passenger side door post since I disconnect them and connect them the car does not start now

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

also by the passenger side door post there is a grey cover and two boxes behind it grey and black I disconnect them and connect them again and now the car does not start

Hi there

Ok these 2 grey plugs ate the main connectors between the engine modules and the cluster
These plugs carry the high speed communication data wires so if not connected right the Immobilsor light will flash rapidly and no crank will occur

These plugs can be a bit of a pain to clip together if you haven't seen them before

Bascially you need to push the multiplug downward then pull the clip over and it will draw the plug fully home
Also ensure there are no bent puns in any if these connectors from incorrectly refitting the plugs

Kind regards in advance

Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi i think there is a fault some where in the connectors where it joins cause the immobiliser light flash rapidly and the dash doe not light up I began to twist it a bit then the dash lights up is there a way to correct this

Hi there

Reference my last post seperate both plugs and inspect pins if they are ok
Push the plug downwards and Then flip the clip over

These plugs need to have a really good connection as the can bus data wires run through them along with other important wires

Regards Brian