Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi. Got a wreg mondeo 2.5st central locking problems, disconnected

Got a wreg mondeo 2.5st central locking problems, disconnected RMC and re connected after 30sec,s now engine won,t turnover no difference with C locking wot I do now?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Before this happened, did any type of warning lights come on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike.

No warning lights were seen I just had the problem initially the locking would not unlock and was D locked managed to open driver and passenger door with key but rear doors could not open and osr lock US managed to disconnect NSR cable at door hinge andwith separate power supply activate the lock. have left the 2 rear doors disconnected, have done as explained initially now the imobiliser has come on and engine will not start. Im presently charging the battery as its abit low now.

When I press the key fob I can lock the front doors but can,t unlock, very faint click from relay is apparent but not effective. think thats about it.

Ok from what you are describing the issue that you are having is with the body control module which is what controls all of these functions that you are having a issue with. The body control module is a common failure on these vehicles, I am also a warranty inspector and inspect this issue often on these vehicles. The fix is the module is tested with a scan tool and likely replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike.

solved problem with immobiliser, green contact on ECU.

But am still waiting for delivery of RMC for central locking, until i get that I don,t know if the problem is solved, hopefully all will be well.

Ok. Let me know. Thanks.