sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

I have been sold a glow plug relay for my 06 Focus 1.8 tdci

Customer Question

I have been sold a glow plug relay for my 06 Focus 1.8 tdci part no F1252609 which has 8 pins inside. This is to cure an "engine management system" fault.The following link shows the genuine ford part.http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_mk2_18_diesel_glow_plug_relay__f_1252609_c_443.htmI can not find where it is located in the engine compartment.Please helpRegardsDave S
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following is of assistance to you.

The glow plug relay on this model is under the bonnet in the fuse box and is marked K212 in the diagram below.

The Ford finis number 1252609 is a glow plug relay for a 1.6 or 2.0 diesel not the 1.8 and on the 1.6 and 2.0 models it is down on the radiator cross member on the passenger side.

I hope this helps but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.