Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi I have a focus mk3 titanium x with 18 inch low profile wheels

Customer Question

Hi I have a focus mk3 titanium x with 18 inch low profile wheels and I want to down size to 16 inch to improve the ride. The current wheels have an inset of 55mm but I can't find anything more than about 48mm in a new 16 inch alloy. This reduction has no implications for the space in the wheel arch - in fact there is more space for wheel without fouling the suspension etc but will it affect the handling?
Phil
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Phil,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is Mark and I will be assisting you today.

Can you tell me what your current tyre size is?

Mark.