Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

fiesta eco boost engine only done 500 miles and after 30 mile

fiesta eco boost engine only done 500 miles and afterXXXXXmade a high pitched buzzing noise and when I opened the bonnet the coolant seemed to be bubbling/flowing but engine was off. Did this for around 5-10 mins.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

for the coolant to be bubbling away with the engine off I'd say that there must be some air in the cooling system

So check that the small hoses that run from the top of the engine and radiator that run back to the header / expansion tank are free flowing and not blocked

If these are OK then remove the tank pressure cap and run the engine from cold with the heater set to full hot

As the engine starts to warm, squeeze the large hoses running to the radiator to help displace any air - all the time keeping an eye on the level in the header tank, making sure it doesn't drop below the minimum and open any bleed screws built into the top cooling hoses - closing them off as soon as they start to gush water

Once the engine is up to temperature the tank should be quite full. Switch the engine off and leave it to cool Then top up to the mark once its all cold and replace the cap

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What could the buzzing noise from the engine be

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

the buzzing may be the intercooler pump or possibly the throttle body as both of these can make this noise

if you could indentify wherabouts on the engine the noise is coming from I'll try to help furhter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was difficult to find but would say top back but a bit lower

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

Hello David

OK that sounds like its likely to be the throttle

they do tend to buzz for a few seconds on start up / shut down

but if its carrying on for 30 seconds then something isn't right and I'd 1st suggest cleaning out the throttle using a clean rag with some brake cleaner