Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

ford mondeo 57 plate 1.8 zetec cut out a week ago but then

Customer Question

ford mondeo 57 plate 1.8 zetec cut out a week ago but then started yesterday it started ran for a few seconds then cut out and will not start no fault codes are comming up
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

and also unplug and inspect the main power relays and fuses for signs of overheating or corroded terminals - so the ones for the ECU and the fuel pump

And also unplug the wiring loom connections in the engine bay one at time and inspect for corroded or recessed pins.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi thanks for getting back

i found the problem anyway it was on the induction pipe also with regards to your ansawer this vehicle dose not have a pump in the tank its drawn by the hp pump

anway thanks for getting back

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

glad you got it sorted

anything else I can help with?