sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

I wish to give my 1800 diesel escort van more pok, I am thinking

Customer Question

I wish to give my 1800 diesel escort van more pok, I am thinking of swopping the engine for a engine from a escort car with a turbo, but i am told that this requires swopping the wiring under the bonnet and the dash is this true
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following assists you.

You are correct that the engine wiring and loom require replacing as well as the engine. The turbo version has an electronic diesel control unit that controls and monitors the fuel from the diesel pump to adjust fuelling for the boost pressure from the turbo.

As well as the wiring from the turbo car you would need the electronic diesel control unit, the immobiliser system would need to be reprogrammed as this is integrated into the diesel control unit to enable the fuel pump to shut of the fuel supply.

I hope this answers your question but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

No problem.