sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

ford transit van mk7 is it possible to fit wing mirrors

i have a ford transit van mk7 is it possible to fit wing mirrors that have indicitors in, to my van

Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope I can offer you some assistance.

Do you mean do the latest Transit mirrors fit the 2008 van? Or you need to wire some indicators in?

Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i would like to fit the new wing mirrors that have the flashers fitted on, from the latest models do i need to buy a wiring loom to do this as well as the new wing mirrors thanks

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

unfortunately the new model Transit mirrors won't fit the previous model, the fixing points are completely different, the new model Transit mirror fixes to the door but the previous model fixes to the body.

The best and cheapest option would be to fit an aftermarket LED indicator to your existing mirrors you can then extend the wiring from the original wing repeater to the new LED. An example of the LED type you can fit is at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raised-LED-indicators-fairing-mount-alloy-case-indicators-clear-lens-black-case-/161312086321?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item258ef31931

the finished mirror is shown below.

graphic

I hope this helps but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I can.

Best wishes,

Sean.