sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

my phone charger blew its fuse while plugged into my mondeo,

Customer Question

my phone charger blew its fuse while plugged into my mondeo, now neither charging point works. the fuse is the central fuse box is ok though. help
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I hope I can offer you some assistance.

Do you have the chassis number of the car? So I can obtain the correct wiring details.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

where do i find it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its WFOEXXGBBEAL39729

The F19 fuse in the centrl box isnt blown

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.

Hello again,

check for 12 volts at fuse 19 in the CJB, this is supplied from the fuse box under the bonnet (BJB), fuses 17 and 18 in this fuse box supply the battery saver relay which is integral to the CJB which in turn supplies fuse 19 which powers the 2 front charge points, if there is 12 volts at fuse 19 in the CJB then check at the brown/white wire of the power point connector for 12 volts. If the power point illumination works then this would suggest the earth point is OK as the illumination shares the same earth.

Fuse 19 in the BJB supplies fuse FA 6 in the fuse box in the rear of the car, this supplies the rear 12 volt power point, check there is 12 volts to fuse FA 6 (15 amp).

You mention neither 12 volt supply works but don't use the phone charger to check them it may be faulty which is why the fuse blew originally.

Start with checking the fuses for 12 volts as it won't matter if the fuses are intact if there isn't 12 volts to them obviously the supplied component won't work.

Let me know if I can advise further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.