Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 62 B- Max 1600, 6 speed powershift auto. When its

I have a '62 B- Max' 1600, 6 speed powershift auto. When it's cold the transmission changes up and down smoothly but when it gets up to normal working temperature the changes become erratic particularly in the lower gears. The car 'kangaroos' between 2nd and 3rd and there's a lot of grinding noises, so much so that we are half afraid to embark on long journeys in case it breaks down altogether. Is there an upgrade by Ford to improve this situation? Or is there anything that I can do to improve it? Your expert advise would be most appreciated.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you

Ok the dsp6 PowerShift gearbox is a twin dry clutch gearbox

The most common issue we see regarding drivability issues with this version of the PowerShift gearbox is juddering when pulling away
But I have came across issues where by the customer has complained of a rattle /clicking or a grinding /scraping noise concern

In both cases the vehicles TCM (Transmission Control Module ) should be updated to the latest level software and the TCM service functions carried out ie shift/drum learn procedures

This update and transmission learn procedure is covered under warranty (3year/60,000mile )

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX and have a nice evening

Brian