sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

What do I do to get "locked 13" cleared and input the correct

What do I do to get "locked 13" cleared and input the correct code. I have the correct code now, I was trying to input my van code into my car radio.............
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
unfortunately when the unit displays locked 13 it means the unit is permanently locked until it is repaired by an audio specialist. There are 10 original attempts to put the correct code in after the tenth attempt the unit is locked and shows locked 10 in the display but this can be reset, this gives a further 3 attempts after these 3 the unit becomes permanently locked and displays locked 13.
As I said at the beginning the unit will need to be repaired by an audio specialist who will recode the unit. I'm unsure of the cost but you may find it cheaper to source a used unit with code from Ebay or similar.
An example of the type of company is www.autotechnix.co.uk
I'm sorry this isn't the answer you want but it is factually correct.
Let me know if you have more questions regarding this and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Cheers, that's what I thought , thanks anyway.

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
No problem.
Regards,
Sean.