Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Ford Mondeo 2.0 Powershift 2012 after driving in slow traffic

Ford Mondeo 2.0 Powershift 2012 after driving in slow traffic for 20+ miles Transmission Limited Function warning displays. Fine on Fast Motorway trips. Error code P0771 Shift solenoid E performanc/stuck off is displayed but does not get stored by ECU.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

I am also a warranty inspector and I have inspected this issue many times. The problem is the valve body inside of the transmission is loosing pressure and causing the issue and setting the code. To correct this issue the valve body has to be rebuilt or replaced.