Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 57 plate ford focus, central locking has stopped working...

I have a 57 plate ford focus, central locking has stopped working... The battery in fob is new and the lights flash when press open but nothing happens.
I can open manually using key but filler cap doesn't release? Nearly out if fuel can I release filler cap manually?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The central locking system likely has a fault in the system and the fault normally comes from the drivers door lock actuator which throws the whole system off.
As far as the fuel door inside of the boot on the same side as the fuel door there is a manual release lever, it is located behind the inner boot liner.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi mate I've stripped off the boot lining but there's no manual release lever I can see? Where is the drivers door actuator located? Is it a relay in auxiliary fuse box under bonnet ?
The actuator is located inside of the drivers door, the door panel has to come off in order to get at this. Most of these models came with this lever, your model must of not come with this to release the fuel door.