Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

ford transit 07 plate when i slow down at an island some times

ford transit 07 plate when i slow down at an island some times won't excelerate then couple of secs it shoots off put new erg valve on was ok for couple of days then back to doing the same ???
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Are there any warning lights coming on at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi mike no warning lights at all now did have one before saying erg valve changed that and had it all reset drove fine for about 150 miles then started all over again but no warning lights took erg valve back off cleaned out all the black coke refitted it and again it worked fine for 100 miles it only does it when i slow down to and island or junction go to excelerate and its like nothing there then all of a sudden it takes off if you know what i mean

Ok from what you are describing this issue is consistent with the butterfly valve in the throttle body sticking and possibly throwing the reading of the EGR off. What I would suggest as a next step is to have a fuel induction service performed on the complete fuel system. This can be performed at most all shops.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok will just put new body on have replaced everything else lol

thanks mike will let you know

regards keith

No problem, thank you.