sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

What is the small black object mounted on the front of the

What is the small black object mounted on the front of the dashboard just inside the bottom of the windscreen in the Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost zetec? Is it a sensor?
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I hope I can be of assistance.

Is this in the middle of the dash on top as shown below?

graphic

Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it. is in the middle

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.

Hello again.

If it is the component shown in the image then this is the sun load sensor for the air conditioning system. The data from this sensor is used along with the ambient internal and external temperature sensors for air conditioning temperature calculations, it has a photoelectric cell that measures sun light intensity.

Let me know if I can assist further.

Best wishes,

Sean.

sean, Ford Technician
Experience: Ford Master Technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what is the device fixed to the inside of the windscreen at the top just behind the rear view mirror?

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
there is an optical sensor just above the rear view mirror that is used for the automatic wiper/light function where equipped and on models equipped with sign recognition or lane departure there is a camera as well.
Best wishes,
Sean.