Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hello there, :-) I have a mondeo 2002 diesel

Customer Question

Hello there, :-) I have a mondeo 2002 diesel which after driving for about 10 minutes loses power, white smoke and cuts out. After about 20 mins standing it starts again fine, no smoke but only lasts another 10 minutes before losing power, white smoke and cutting out again. Most gratefull for any practical clues. The fault seems to come into effect after accelerating up to about 50-60 mph, engine starts to miss and lose power eventually fading altogether. If I nurse the car at about 25 - 30 mph no problems seem to occur yet.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Shantal,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I think I will close the question as I have decent idea how to fix my problem. Can you confirm that my credit card will be refunded?

Kind regards,

Keith