Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Ford Focus Estate 2l Diesel 2006 .The battery went

I have a
Ford Focus Estate 2l Diesel 2006 .The battery went flat but has now been fully charged .
However when double locking the anti theft alarm system , the lights flash and alarm starts to go off shortly after locking . Any suggestions ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Try this disconnect the negative battery cable end and then the positive battery cable end and leave disconnected for 20 minutes.
Reconnect the positive first and then the negative.
Insert the key and turn to the on/run position but do not try to start,leave in this position for 5 minutes and then try to start the vehicle, this should reset the system.