sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

the service oil message has come on . What do I do now?

the service oil message has come on .I have checked the oil in the engine it seems to be o.k. What do I do now?

Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
The service oil message is set to come on after a certain amount of time or the required distance when the vehicle is due for a service including an engine oil change. To reset the message is easy enough and is as follows.
With the ignition off press the brake and throttle pedals, make sure the throttle is fully down, turn the ignition on (don't try to start) keep the pedals pressed, after about 30 seconds the oil reset message should be displayed, turn the ignition off, reset complete. This is providing the throttle position sensor in the pedal is operating correctly and the brake switch is OK.
If the amber engine management light is illuminated then there is a fault that needs to be investigated.
I hope this helps but if you have more questions regarding this let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.