Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

my ranger xlt 3.0 diesel automatic runs and shuts down especially

my ranger xlt 3.0 diesel automatic runs and shuts down especially on inclines or after steep turns...changed filter and primer pump...works well for a few days and same thing happens
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Are there any type of warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'LL CONTINUE TO WAIT FOR AN ANSWER

Are there any type of warning lights coming on at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THE ENGINE CHECK LIGHT COMES ON JUST BEFORE IT SHUTS DOWN

The issue that you are describing is consistent with a failure to one of the fuel injectors that is either not applying enough fuel or to much fuel. The first step would be to have the fuel injectors tested with a balance test.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I ALSO USE A CLEAR LINE FROM THE OUTLET SIDE OF THE FILTER AND NOTICE WHEN AM STARTING IN THE MORNING THERE IS AIR GAPS IN THE FUEL GOING TO THE PUMP.

I believe you are having a fuel injector problem issue with the vehicle, have those rated as a first step. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANKS MIKE....I TRY THAT NEXT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS....I HAVE A NEW METERING VALVE ALSO....WILL INSTALL IT AT THE SAME TIME.

No problem thank you, ***** ***** can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need to.
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.