Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, I have a 2009 Mondeo Zetec TDCI 4 door saloon. I have

Hi, I have a 2009 Mondeo Zetec TDCI 4 door saloon. I have found corrosion on both bulb holder in the boot lid - also having replaced just the bulbs, the boot does not unlock with the key fob when I press the door unlock. I now must use the boot open button separately everytime...
Can you advise what may be going on with the boot release mechanism?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with the boot lock actuator that has failed and is causing the problem. To correct the issue the actuator will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There was nothing wrong with the actuator. Three fine wires had snapped, two that go to the lights and one that go's to the boot lock..

Great I'm glad you got the issue fixed, thank you.