Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

must be something simple if the sensors work when it is dry

Customer Question

must be something simple if the sensors work when it is dry weather?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you ..

Im afraid your question is somewhat vague... Please give me full details of the problem you need help with --- then we can progress...

Kind Rgds, MIKE..................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my front and rear sensors on my 'c' max work fine when the weather is dry and warm, but as soon as it rains they do not work

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply and further info..

With this situation - given the sensors operation are affected by rain - you must have one or more that is faulty - or, water getting into the wiring / connections to them.

You can get a faulty individual sensor - letting rain into the sensor etc - and that is enough to throw them all -

A god way to test the sensors is to switch them on - have them operating and then place your ear close to each one.. you should hear a ticking sound as they pulse... If you dont hear one ticking, that one is usually faulty needing replacing - but again , check the wiring to it - you need to gain access to the rear of the sensor to test / check... Really its only a simple check for wire / connection integrity - and cure any issue you might see / have - other than that - renew the suspect sensor/s.

Im very pleased to have helped / advised you - If you need anything else at all - by all means get back to me -

>> Meantime >>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

This is MIKE who answered your question as above - Im just checking in with you to see if you need anything more at all - Please do let me know if you need anything - Or - if we are done, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to now at this point , click on the "OK / Excellent ratings" for me please as that is how Im credited for helping you - Thank you again.

Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.