Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

i have a mk4 mondeo in which the cam broke in two places. I

Customer Question

i have a mk4 mondeo in which the cam broke in two places. I have changed the engine but now when I start the car the idel goes up and down and will stall. when your driving the car it runs fine until you get to a junction and it will stall. there is no warning lights on the dash and no fault codes showing. every now and then it will some up with the traction control light and say "engine malfunction" but will clear within 3/4 seconds

Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

The engine that was installed, did it come from the same year of vehicle?
Also was the ecu reset after the install?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The engine came out of the same year car also the engine code were the same. No the ecu wasn't reset.
Thie issue that you are currently having is coming from the ecu, the ECU is not communicating properly with the be engine. What will solve this problem is the ECU bring reset, this will need to be done with a diagnostic tool. Thank you.