Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Sorry I slipped up and cut you off. My mileometer on my ford

Sorry I slipped up and cut you off. My mileometer on my ford focus blanked out about a year ago and is now sporadically coming back on for lengthy periods before blanking out again. The readings are accurate. Other clocks are working perfectly. What could it be ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you

Ok the fault lies internal of the instrument cluster this was a very common fault on the mk1 focus
The cause of the issue is contact corrosion on the printed circuit board inside the cluster

To correctly resolve the issue you need to replace the cluster
However they are quite expensive (around £400 from memory )

There are companies online that can repair clusters etc but I don't know how successful they are as we always advise fitting a new component so we can successfully resolve the customers issue

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening

Brian