Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

2.4 Transit goes into limp mode around 62 miles per hour

2.4
Transit goes into limp mode around 62 miles per hour
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you -

I see you have changed a lot of compments on the engine - what exactly are they?

Too - when you say it goes into limp mode - exactly what happens.. and what lights do you get on the dash?

What test results do you have by way of codes?

Plus - please give me the Full reg number - and mileage -

Rgds, MIKE.....................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Changed the ADR valve the diesel pump ,the turbo,the crank shaft sensor. When this van goes into limp mode it goes down to about half power ,no lights on dash. Code p0149 fuel timing error, Fuel reduced. EHZ 6603. Mileage 326452
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again David -

Thank you for your reply and further info..

Can I just confirm with you - was it the diesel pump, on the engine that was changed..? And if so - was it a brand new one / where from?

Rgds, MIKE.........................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This was a secondhand pump of another transit. Made no difrence
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again David -

Ok - two things - have you checked the wiring loom fullybetween the Pcm and the pump -inc the block connectors..?

Too - when the pump was changed, was the timing solenoid changed as well or not?

Rgds, MIKE...................................

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again David -

This is MIKE who answered your question as above - Im just checking in with you to see if you need anything more at all - Please do let me know if you need anything - Or - if we are done, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to now at this point , click on the "OK / Excellent ratings" for me please as that is how Im credited for helping you - Thank you again.

Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.

Mike, Ford Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Checked all. ,still the same
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
David -

Thank you for your reply / message.

However Im going to need a deal more input from you if Im going to help you .. to say what you have above is not really helpful. .. You haven't even answered the question re the solenoid... If you need my help further David, if Im going to be able to help , I need as above... all that you have done since - whats happaning currently etc - specifics and answers to what I ask...

Or if you don't need anymore help, please just click on the OK ratings - Thank you .

Kind Rgds, MIKE.