Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Ford Maverick automatic cant get the car into park so keys

Customer Question

Ford Maverick automatic can't get the car into park so keys won't come out of the egnition
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you .

With this issue, the usual fault is that of a faulty / failed brake switch. This is located on / above the brake pedal..

As you will know you need to press the brake to alter the shifter - and when this switch fails, you will get as you have..

Really this should be diagnosed with plug in diagnostic equipment - but that is the usual cause - meaning a new switch is needed.

Now - that is the usual issue - but the Maverick did also suffer with the ign switch itself failing / going faulty - so you could have this fault which throws the issue somewhat... This will need to be physically checked out either at a garage or someone who can come to you and check it - By passing the brake switch would be the way forward to either prove that or rule it out -and then go onto the ign switch as the culprit.

Im sorry I cannot be definitive as I obviously cannot be there - I can only advise - that is the way forward on this one though to get this fixed for you.

If there is anything more by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

** >> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.