Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

i cannot get my ford transit 2005 135 to start after changing

Customer Question

i cannot get my ford transit 2005 135 to start after changing the fuel filter .filled filter with fuel started but then stopped . fitted hand prime pump between filter housing and pump pump until bladder goes hard , turned engine over and tried to pump fuel but it will not go anywhere, bladder stays hard what am i doing wrong?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you
Do you still require assistance with your transit bleeding issue
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes Brian I do please

Hi there thanks good morning to you
Ok what to do with this tdci setup is remove the fuel supply pipe that comes from the fuel tank to the filter (this is your right front ) out of the 4 pipes attached to the filter housing
Next attach the primer onto the fuel pipe and prime until you have fuel spurting out then connect the primer inline between the supply pipe to the filter and the filter and continue to pump for a minute or so to ensure the system is primed well (this fills the filter and pipes up more easily then crank the car
Some early tdci Varients has a shredder valve at the pump area to get rid of an air lock but from memory the later hire didn't have this
Regards ***** *****
Brian