Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi my 57 plate transit will not go into 1st or 2nd gear

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE.. Im happy to help / advise..

This is a common issue on these - and its usually a broken selector cable.... it will need to be physically checked through the selector system - then new cables fitted if found to be that.

IF its not that - then you get broken selectors inside the transmission - that will cause this.. That involves a removal / strip and repair of the transmission..if its that.... But do be sure the cables are checked properly first - again - thats the usual cause to be honest.

Im very pleased to have helped you -Let me know if you need anything more-

** ** >>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.