Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

hi i have a 2004/5 1.6 streetka, all my side lights , taillights

Customer Question

hi i have a 2004/5 1.6 streetka, all my side lights , taillights and dash lights have gone!! have checked fuses,relays and bulbs and all are fine, seems their is a bad earth, are the side light issues related to the dash?? have the dash out at the moment, would appreciate some help weather i should replace the clocks as could be the circuit behind the clocks.
regards paul
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Paul goid evening to you

Ok do you have the registration number if the vehicle so I can pull up the correct wiring diagram

Regards in advance

Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes certainly its hm54 mjm.....

Hi Paul thanks

Let me have a look through the diagram to see if we can pinpoint this issue for you

I will post back in a short while

Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok many thanks brian

Hi Paul

Ok let's start from the top

The fault can't be an earthing issue as each lamp has a different earth

Ok firstly check fuse 15(20amp) in the interior fuse box

Check this for voltage as well at both sides with ignition on

Next put the ignition on and put the side lights on and check fuses 6&7 for voltage at both sides
As the feed comes out of the switch at pin 7 red/yellow wire and then through fuses 6&7 and onto the side lights /dash/number plate lights

Regards in advance

Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yer ok brian.

but have checked all thye fuses and are ok. but their is power to the switch , but no power from the switch to the fuses.(the switch has been replaced)..if the dash light has a problem would this cause the sidelights not to work??

regards paul

Hi there Paul

Ok the dash light feed comes after fuse 6 so that can't cause an issue
Dissconect the cluster to give you peace of mind
Ok with the ignition on do you have power at pin 6 (orange and black wire )of the light switch

If you do can you remove the multiplug and brdge out pins 6&7 of the light switch multiplug
And see if the lights come on

Regards Brian