Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Car was driving ok and with no warning stopped and would not

Car was driving ok and with no warning stopped and would not start again I have since had a diagnostic test done and it showed the rail fuel sensor but the fuel is not coming through to the rail could it be the electronic fuel pump at the rear of the car
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you ..

Yes certainly - the FRP sensor code will come up if there is no pressure there - but there wont be if there is no fuel.

Common on these are clogging fuel filters - I see you changed the "oil" filter - I assume you mean fuel filter... so that would rule that out..

After that - its usually one or the other re the pumps... Not all had a lift pump in the tank - you would need to verify that by giving a local Ford parts dept a call - give them the VIN - and they then will be able to check your exact car to see if yours has one or not - The pump on the engine is a very common fault on these... Before renewing anything - I would suggest have a local Diesel specialist run specific tests on the system to ID the cause of your fault before buying parts..

Im very pleased to have helped you -let me know if you need anything more -

** ** >>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.