sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

I have a mondeo 1.6tdci under one year old and just 10000 miles.

Customer Question

I have a mondeo 1.6tdci under one year old and just 10000 miles. The clutch was stiff so took to garage and they tell me clutch has worn out and need new clutch and slave cylinder at almost £1000. I've never had a clutch failure before so find it hard to believe this is my driving style.
Is this a common problem. How can a get this sorted under warranty?
Cheers
Phil
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm sorry you haven't had a reply sooner, I hope the following assists.
If the clutch is indeed "worn" rather than it been a manufacturing fault then it will be very difficult to claim under warranty. As the clutch wasn't slipping but was stiff this would suggest more of a clutch cover failure rather than wear and tear, see if the garage can confirm the actual cause of the stiff clutch rather than it been "worn".
If you get no satisfaction from the garage then try contacting Ford customer services on 08458411111 to see if they can assist.
Start with these points, let me know if I can advise further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.