Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

how reliable is ford engine sigma 1595cc i4?

Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise -

The engine in question as fitted to the Morgan -there are no to date adverse reports about - its reliability is not in question at all..

In fact all reports are that it is a very capable engine - espeically in that car - and returns a favourable all round Mpg as well.. in fact, I have Mpg figures I will give you as follows :

Fuel consumption Urban 33.6 mpg
Extra Urban 54.3 mpg
Combined 44.1 mpg

So while thats an average factory figure, not bad at all overall in that respect...
But yes - its a very good engine - small . compact but good to work on - nothing untoward to report -and yes - as reliable as you would expect or want - really ... nothing detrimental to report on that . An engine that has been overall quite happily "accpeted" within the motor trade as a whole. ( not all are ! )....

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meantime - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.