sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

2008 1.25 fiesta passenger floor front flooded with water had

2008 1.25 fiesta passenger floor front flooded with water had sun roof drains checked was told problem fixed twice still on going problem any solutions thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
By far the most common cause of water ingress into the Fiesta is through the door due to blocked drain holes in the door.
The Fiesta doors are designed for water to run through them and out of the drain holes at the bottom, problems arise when the drain block up or the sealing between the door and door panel fails, this means when the water runs through the door it can come out behind the door trim and then run down and drop off the bottom of the door into the car.
There are other possible causes such as a badly sealed windscreen.
The best way to find the source is with an assistant pouring water on the car with a hose pipe while you are inside with a torch checking for water running from the bottom of the door.
Once the water ingress is cured the interior needs to be fully dried out which you can't do to a satisfactory level without removing the carpet and sound deadening as the foam sound deadening just soaks all the water up. I usually dry the carpet and deadening in a spray booth.
I hope this helps but if you have more questions regarding this let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks sean I will try the hose solution and see if I can source leak

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
No problem,
let me know if I can advise further.
Best regards,
Sean.