Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Hello, I have a 2011 Euro 4 Transit, 115 350T 2.4 ltr. I am

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2011 Euro 4 Transit, 115 350T 2.4 ltr. I am having a problem with the anti-stall feature. With the engine running at normal tickover, which is about 800rpm, put the vehicle into 1st gear bring the clutch to the biting point without the accelerator applied the revs will jump up to 1200rpm. this seems to be how the vehicle works normally ? what is also happening, with engine at idle, not in gear the revs will jump up to 1200 for a brief moment and another senario is the engine at idle, fully depress the clutch and the revs will rise to 1200 briefly. There are no warning lights on the dash, also with a basic diagnostic tool there are no fault or pending codes. Any ideas would be greatly received, Thankyou
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there good evening to you

Ok do you experience a hunting at idle revs flaring up and down intermitently

Regards In advance

Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Brian,

apologies for the delay in responding. In answer to your question, yes I do experience hunting, but in a very structured way. the revs will jump from about 800 rpm to 1200 rpm for up to 2 sec then drop back to 800 rpm it might then jump back up to 1200 rpm again or might not do it again for an hour or a day. I have found if I start the vehicle out of gear without the clutch depressed it has stopped it happening first thing on startup but it will still do it just sat at tickover waiting at traffic lights etc.

Regards, Alan.

Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Alan no worries

Ok to resolve this hunting issue you need to have the vehicles PCM updated to the latest level and then have the service functions carried out
This includes pump learn and pilot injection learn amongst a few others
This needs to be five using fords ids software

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Alan please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards in advance and have a nice day

Brian