Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi, I have a 2008 Ford S Max, with the push button controls

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2008 Ford S Max, with the push button controls for the heater to select,
de-mist, dash and floor vents.
However they appear not to work properly, on occasions I get nothing out of the dash vents even though the button has been selected, unless I press the de-mist switch as well, then I get some air through the dash and even some air towards the floor.
With the ignition off, after a while there is a great deal of "grumbling" coming from behind the dash, it sounds like servos opening and closing. This can go on for 10 - 20 seconds, then when the car is restarted sometimes everything appears ok for a while then the problem reoccurs later on.........
What is happening.
Cheers
Neil.........
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Neil,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Neil ,good morning to you
Sorry for the delay in answering your issue I have just seen this open in the question list
Do you still require assistance with this issue Neil
Regards Brian