Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Ihave a mondeo edge tdci 62 plate, which seems to have a faulty

Customer Question

Ihave a mondeo edge tdci 62 plate, which seems to have a faulty fuel guage. when I fill the car to the second 'click', the guage shows just over three quarters and the miles to cover show about 540, instead of over 600 which it used to show. Any ideas -the engine size is 1.6 mileage 73000. Dave (taxi driver)
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with a sticking fuel level sender which is located in the fuel tank. The arm of the sender gets corroded over time and sticks, to correct this issue the sender will need to be replaced.