Robert
Robert, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

04 fusion the radio is locked on 13 its a 4500 rds how do i

Customer Question

04 fusion the radio is locked on 13 its a 4500 rds how do i get it unlocked please.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

There isnt really alot you can do on diy bases when the radio reaches the lock 13 state..it basically means you've either been putting in the wrong code or not entered correctly..you only get upto 10 attempts to enter the correct code then you should basically stop after that 11,12,13 incorrect times - it will just lock up completely...there was a procedure if i recall that could get it out lock 10 - you could try that for the state lock 13 its in now..worth a try..

1. Drivers door open - leave open.
2. Ign. ON. - Use RED key only.
3. Radio ON.
4. Press and hold presets 1, 3 and 6.
5. Ign. OFF then back ON within 1 second.
6. Release presets 1, 3 and 6.
7. Radio OFF.
8. Ign. OFF.

You may no doubt have to repeat the above the same number of times that is showing on the radio display when you started...like 10 times for lock out 10 but instead 13 times for lock out 13..if it works then its critical that you do have the correct radio code..if its wrong then you'll be back to square one..you can remove the radio if you can "special keys to slide the radio out" and give me the M serial number to double check for you..but as far as those radios as experiance goes lock 13 usually require specialist equipment by a radio/audio specialist to try and unlock the radio for you wither this be of anyone locally you know off that can do that or be it sent off to one..I do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i don,t have a red key ,so do i just switch on ign thanks.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..thanks for your reply..

You can try it..but failing as above usually when it gets to lock 13 then the radio has to be de-locked by a specialist..you could of course to if possible try un hooking the battery for a half an hour and try that..