sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

mondeo estate 2005 TDCi 130 GHia with aircon. Aircon compressor

mondeo estate 2005 TDCi 130 GHia with aircon. Aircon compressor siezed and burnt out
drive belt. Cost too much to replace aircon, can we by-pass it and use drive belt for
nopn aircon version,and are any mods needed
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
From memory I believe all the 2.0L diesel Mondeos have air conditioning however the Transit has the same engine and is available without air conditioning.
The belt for the Transit is a stretch belt and only drives the alternator from the crank pulley there are 2 different size belts for this model but you can obtain both and see which fits. The Transit belt needs to be from a 2.0L non air conditioned model year 2000 to 2006.
When fitting the belt you can remove the tensioner and idler pulley if they are in the way of the run of the new belt, the spacer between the alternator and engine may need to be left off for the belt to fit.
I hope this helps but if you have more questions regarding this let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks Sean. I think there is a ".0l Mondeo without aircon because I got

a belt part number of(###) ###-####for aircon and(###) ###-####without.

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
it may be outside the uk market there are Mondeos without AC, you can tell the difference in the belts, the non AC belt is very short, the AC belt is much longer.
Let me know if I can advise further.
Best regards,
Sean.