sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

Hi There We are looking to carry a rideon mower in the back

Customer Question

Hi There
We are looking to carry a rideon mower in the back of a Ford Transit 115 T350 Reg No:- BF60 ESU. We have raied the floor height by 240mm to clear the wheel arches, the weight of the mower is less than 700kg. Could you let me know if this would be considered safe?
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following assists you. The mower will be perfectly safe, even the smallest short wheel base Transit has a maximum capacity of 764 KG, as far as I can tell your van is a LWB 350 which can carry between 950 to 1500 KG depending on specification. On a separate point your van has an outstanding safety recall relating to the rear brake pipe fixing on the axle, your local Ford dealer will do this free of charge, the Ford reference number is ***** I hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions regarding this and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to. Best wishes, Sean.