Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

why does my fiesta rs turbo not go when you put throttle down

why does my fiesta rs turbo not go when you put throttle down at 70mph it will not go on it just misses like it loses power and when you do same thing and feed throttel slowly at70mph car it goes on and no missing and no lost of power i have changed plugs coil and spark leads made no difference to car one other thing is if you turn engine of and on sometimes that helps but this does not work all the time thanks frankie
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks Matt i will try all of this and see if it help me for my rs is mint and only has 53000 on clock thanks for now frankie

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

understood

just get back to me on this post if I can help further