sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

Ford Mondeo fault code. P2339

Ford Mondeo fault code. P2339
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
The code P2339 is cylinder 4 knock above threshold. To start with to cure this concern the 16 digit injector correction value needs to be entered into the ICU then the ICU needs the software to be as up to date as is available then the PCM needs the software updating.
You don't mention how old the car is but later cars have a combined ICU and PCM so these are usually programmed in one go.
To enter the correction value and update the software requires suitable diagnostic equipment such as Ford IDS.
If after the reprogramming the knock limit attained code is still stored and won't delete then a new injector is needed for cylinder 4. When replacing the injectors they are numbered in firing order so cylinder 4 is injector 3.
I hope this helps but if you have more questions regarding this let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.