Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Got a ford mondeo titanium which has had a dpf problem. We

Customer Question

Got a ford mondeo titanium which has had a dpf problem. We have brought a recon dpf from ford and changed it, dud a regen and the engine management light came back on so we have brought new sensor and had a regen done twice and the bloody light has done back on.Any idea of what we can do?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you
Ok do you know what fault code keeps returning
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just going to get in touch with my son as he has got it wrote down
Tracey
Thanks Tracey
Was this work done by ford
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No my son is a mechanic and he did it, ford wanted to charge quite a lot of money, the recon dpf and sensor were brought from ford
Does your son have ford ids software and if you have the code that keeps returning
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
These are the codes P246c
P24a4, p2463, p169f, p269f,
Yes he has ford ids software
Hi there thanks ok
There's a few codes in there more noticeable is the code for a fuel vaporiser fault as well as blocked DPF codes and soot accumulation codes
This vapourisor is known as the 5th injector and injects fuel into the DPF to aid the regeneration process
The fuse should be inspected first as it's most likely blown
And the fuel vaporisier will most commonly be blocked
This is the most common cause of a blocked DPF in the Mondeo
Also after renewing the DPF the learned values of the DPF history MUST be reset using the PCM service function in ids as if this is not done the PCM will still think it's blocked as it's reached it's soot accumulation maximum level
This can be veiwed in datalogger
Also you can pyshically test the DPF (to see how blocked it is by using a multimeter at the DPF sensor
I can give him a few tests to carry out on the sensor so we know how blocked the DPF is
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A reconditioned dpf from ford already fitted , new ford fuel vaporiser fitted, fuse been checked and values been cleared and reset, two static regens done,
I know you gave me the codes logged but all these surely can't be returning after being cleared
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, they are, we have had a static regen today and these codes are still coming up,
Hi there thanks
Ok we need to have the sensor values checked first
The DPF sensor has 3 wires on it these checks should be done with multiplug connected
1 wire is a 5 volt reference Feed
1 is a ground and the other is a raw vintage signal out value to the PCM
Check the 5 volt reference is ok using the ground of the sensor
Next Take the reading from the signal out wire using the ground of the sensor and take the readings at the following
1- ignition on
2- idle
3- 3000rpm
4-4000 rpm
And if your don has a miti vac pressure gauge remove the DPF front hose from the DPF sensor and attach a piece if hose and applie 300 millibar ((0.3 bar ) to the sensor and monitor the voltage reading
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I will get my son to do that, but it won't be until tomorrow as it's 22.30 pm, how do I get in touch with you tomorrow to let you know what happens?
Hi Tracey ,no worries
Also can you get him to check on datalogger the DPF pressure
Just continue to reply on this same post we are on
regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No worries Tracey

Can you also get him to check the distance till ash full in datalogger

Regards Brian