Mark
Mark, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

Thinking of buying a 2005 Connect diesel van ; I have heard

Customer Question

Thinking of buying a 2005 Connect diesel van ; I have heard that sometimes they have problems with the bearings in the diesel pump breaking up - please can you tell me if this is true and after what sort of mileage would you expect this type of problem. Thank you for your help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello. My name is Mark and I will be assisting you today.

Mark :

The vans that suffer from this type of failure are ones that are either poorly serviced or have been mis-fuelled with petrol and then have the engine started.

Mark :

It isn't actually the bearings that break up. It is the coating on the pump gears that wear due to lack of lubrication.

Mark :

Allowing the vehicle to run out of fuel can also cause this type of failure.