Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

2011 Ford Fiesta sedan: Car was fine I parked at a friends

Customer Question

2011 Ford Fiesta sedan: Car was fine I parked at a friends for a short while. When I returned key works. Lights work - windows work but car won't start. Cannot move it to put on tow truck. It won't move out of park. It is an automatice. Please help!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you ..
Sorry to see you have had a wait.

With this issue, invariably its a faulty brake switch - that is located up by the pedal, that causes it to stick on the shifter.

This can also cause the non start - as it affects by way of a knock on effect, the starter inhibitor switch - which is used on the Auto's....

That / these as above is the usual cause of what you have - but the battery / electrical system should be checked first - as any issues there will also cause the above...

Being an 11 reg it just may be still in warranty - I can check that for you if you wish -

But those are the things to check to get your car working again -

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.