Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My ford focus 1ltr Eco. On a 62 plate seems to be using a lot

Customer Question

My ford focus 1ltr Eco. On a 62 plate seems to be using a lot of fuel compared to a 1600 zetec that I had before and I'm doing the same mileage.im putting in between £30 & £40 to keep it above half full. I have a fault reader but I cannot find the socket to plug it in.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there good evening to you
Ok what us the average MPG reading on the cluster display
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
35.6 mpg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

35.6mpg. I have a friend who has a 1.9ltr diesel vauxhall insignia and he puts £20/week in that.

Hi there .thanks
Ok this fuel consumption reading is consistent across the focus 1.0ecoboost Varients
Everyone of these I have seen are reading between 34 -39 mpg
I have discussed this previously with my technical engineers (for serval customers concerns )
who stated 35mpg is normal for this model /engine Varient
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My 1600 zetec used £20/week this being a smaller engine surely should use roundabout the same or less not more.

Hi there ,
Unfortunatley this is what these engines are consuming
I have had to deal with over 20 customers in my dealership alone regarding this concern
I have as u said brought this up with engineers to be told 35 mpg is ok for this Varient
This is a Completley different engine /set up from the old zetec engine
Thus you get the same if not more power from the 1.0 as you did the 1.6
I know this isn't what you want to hear(as it's advertised at from memory 51mpg ) but this is factual information Iam giving you based on vehicles (1.0eco boosts) I see on a daily basis )
I have received a bad service rating from you which I find harsh as I have answered your queiry correctly
This affects my online profile going forward
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you , I just could not believe that a 1ltr would use more than myprevious 1600 zetec. Thanks for your answer .

Hi there no worries

As I said the amount of customers who have mentioned this to me made ne look further into it and I was told this is acceptable
The engine itself figers unbelievable power and torque for a 1 litres 3 cylinder as you will have felt
I would have just liked them to be a bit more fuel efficient but such is the market where by EVERY manufactor states the mpg of a car yes it's true but in the real world when we have wind /rain /hills idling etcthese figures are never reached as these figures are conducted in ideal conditions

Regards in advavce and have a nice Evening

Brian