sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

I have a ford transit bk06scz Having to get replacement engine

I have a ford transit bk06scz
Having to get replacement engine etis say my van is a 115 ps
However My fuel pump is part number **********
A vp30 I believe this is for a 90 bhp and a vp44 is for a 115 bhp
I need to ensure I get correct engine
What's by correct bhp?
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
Your vehicle is a 115 PS TDCi so neither the VP 30 or VP 44 Bosch fuel pumps fit as the TDCi is a completely different system, it is a Delphi system.
If you are replacing the engine then make sure you get a TDCi engine as the TDDi has a different compression ratio. All the 2.4 Delphi TDCi engines are the same, the power output is determined by the engine management and injectors more than anything else.
I hope this helps but if you have more questions regarding this let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been told That mine is infact a tddi and al mark 6 115 are listed incorrectly on etis In the engine cover it says duratorque diThe ford transit forum told me All Mk 6 115 ps 2.4 are incorrectly listed on etis as TDCi, they are in fact all TDDi Also when I checked serial number in my pump it comes back as a vp30 as you can imagine I'm well confused
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
I'll look into this further and get back to you as soon as I can.
Regards.
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
I've just checked on Autodata and this shows the van as a TDDi D2FB engine. I'm surprised at Ford not correcting ETIS if they are aware of this.
According to Autodata the van has the D2FB engine which is a 90 PS which means it would have the VP 30 pump as you've confirmed.
I hope this helps but let me know if you have more questions regarding this and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best regards,
Sean.