Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

i have a ford ka 2004 1300 the battery go,s flat after three

i have a ford ka 2004 1300 the battery go,s flat after three days ? and i had the charging checked its working fin can you help ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you
Ok the fault lies with either the battery itself (cannot hold a charge ) or a drain on the battery when the vehicle is locked
The first test that should be done is too have a battery drain test carried out for a bout 2 hours with the vehicle locked
This keys you know if something is staying alive and causing a drain on the battety
Ie the audio unit may not be switching off internally this would show on the ammeter
If a drain is present after 2 hours then to find the offending circuit we pull fuses out one at a time until the drain disappears
If there is no drain showing on the ammeter then the fault will lie with the battery Itself
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Brian

i have a new battery replaced by halfords and had the charging thing tested and all ok and tried pulling out fuses cig , and radio , did not make a change , it sill when flat but the alarm does not seem to work could it be that and where is it thanks david

Hi David thanks
Ok the first test must be a drain test using an ammeter as this allows us to see the drain and monitor it
Then we can start removing fuses to find the offending circuit
I will look into the alarm diagram and give you done information in regards ***** ***** supply to it
Regards Brian
Hi there
Has the alarm worked previously (do you have a remote fob type key ) with the 3 buttons on it
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the key does unlock the car and never herd the alarm go off at all before and the horn does work and yes it does have three buttons thank you for your help David

Hi there David
Ok you can only arm and disarm the alarm by using the remote fob
If you lick the vehicle with the drivers window down and wait 1 minute then wave your arm inside the centre of the vehicle and this should set the alarm off as I don't think the alarm will be the issue
Again a drain test is the best route to go David
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Brian