Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Please tell me how to change a bulb in the third / high brake

Please tell me how to change a bulb in the third / high brake light unit on my FORD TRANSIT CUSTOM HIGH ROOF OPTION van? Many thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you
Sorry for the delayed response
Ok to remove the high level brake light you need to remove the 2 grommets and using a thin flat screwdriver flick/push upward the metal tabs of the high level light and it will pop out
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there. I have had a look and tried what you described, but not having any luck here. The LEFT had side door (as you look at the back of the van) only had one grommet and one hole to access the brake light, there are no metal parts showing through this side. The other side does have two grommets and pushing up and outward on the metal clip has not moved the lamp. Please can you give me more detailed information, or provide photos or diagrams to explain exactly what I need to do? For have not made this easy have they? :(

Hi there thanks ***** can give you pictures but it will not be until later today if you are happy to wait the reason being i currently using my iPad which for some reason doesn't allow me to post pictures
If you are happy to wait till later today I can give you these
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Brian,

Thank you, ***** ***** be a great help. Is it just the high roof option that gets a bloody tricky to get to situation with this? Or are they all like it? What a faff and a fiddle!

Hi there no worries I will post them later today
All the newer vehicles seem to have trims /clips that are all very fiddly and sometimes very tight to remove
we can continue on this same post
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
graphichi there good evening to you

sorry for the delayed response

ok here is a few pictures to aid you in the removal of the hi mouted stop lamp ( vehicle without liftgate)

graphic

regards ***** *****

brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks buddy, very helpful