Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a ford fusion zetec aout petrol 2009. When I got out,

locked steering wheel.I have a ford fusion zetec automatic petrol 2009. When I got out, as last car recently stolen, went to put crook lock on and I believe I turned steering wheel too far and now wont budge. Thought it was steering lock but manual says nothing about steering lock. Therefore I cant start car. Is it easy to release?

Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
When the steering wheel is locked this tight and will not come free, the only way to release the steering wheel is remove the ignition lock cylinder and manually push the release tab. This will release the steering wheel.