Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Ford Focus Titanium 2009 make 1.6 My neighbours key

Customer Question

I have a Ford Focus Titanium 2009 make 1.6
My neighbours key has set off my immobiliser in the past. Now a passing motorcyclist has set off the immobiliser. What is the problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not found the answer. Questions relevant are can the vibration/ noise from a passing motorcyclist set off the immobiliser? If yes what can be done to make the immobiliser "less sensitive?

Mike

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm sorry you've not had an answer to this, do you still need assistance?

If so can you confirm when you try to start the car the ignition turns on but the immobiliser LED is flashing fast? Do you have more than 1 key for the car?

Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.