Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Transit Mk 6 Hi top. Converted to camper van. Central locking

Customer Question

Transit Mk 6 Hi top. Converted to camper van. Central locking on rear doors has stopped working. Cannot open doors from inside due to camper build i.e. shower/wardrobe etc. Side sliding door will unlock but lock straight away unless you are quick enough to open the door.
Possible problem is wiring loom on rear door broken. But how do I get rear doors open without using a "gas hammer" or crow bar? Any help most welcome
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help -

Im sorry but with this - the problem is very possibly with the back door wiring as you have mentioned - its a common fault on this model.

There is no easy way to get the back doors open Im afraid - especially if they are in locked mode - You could try asking a breakdown recovery firm as an option - they have "lock out kits" and may be able to help... Other than that - it would be a case of stripping the insides to get at the wiring etc sadly!

It may though be worth having a Ford garage use plug in equipment to properly diagnose the fault - given you have the insides all in built - just in case the fault is elsewhere.... it could save you a lot of time / money... Im sorry that this is not an easy situation - I would suggest to have the diagnostic test done on the CDL system at this stage first move given your situation.... it being the camper conversion.. then go from there.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.